Monday, September 9, 2013

Tat Days 2013 and Crop Circle

Had a great weekend at Tat Days in Toccoa, GA this year.  It was nice to see those I met last year plus meet new tatters this year.  Yes, Jane you were missed but I did use your tatting tidy at all my classes.  It worked wonderful.

This is a pic of two of the classes I took from Randy Houtz.  I actually finished them!  The purple/white I finished after class because we used the Magic Thread Trick.  I have had problems in the past with this technique and I wanted to finish before the next class with him to make sure it worked as easy as he said.  Lo and behold, I am a believer!  The trick - using 20-pound filament  (braided) fishing line.  It pulled through with no tugging, breaking or frustration.  Went to Wal-Mart yesterday and bought a reel.  I am ready for whatever comes along and will use this trick as often as I can from now on. 

I was fortunate to be able to test tat this pattern from Karen at Tatting For Spirit. It is called Milk Hill Crop Circle.  She does beautiful work (thinking outside the box).  Her work is needle tatted based, but I shuttle tat.  She was pleased that the pattern worked for us shuttle tatters as well.  The pattern starts as a circle and the arms are split rings.  This crop circle is going to be entered into our fair this coming weekend.  She has just listed her pattern for sale and you can find it here  Milk Hill Crop Circle.

5 comments:

  1. Phyllis I am sorry I didn't meet you at Tat Days. We probably would recognize each other's face, but got no names. It was another fun time filled with lots and lots of catching up.
    Thank you for the crop circle hyperlink. I am not prone to buy individual patterns, but this one has interested me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to hear the the crop circle intrigues you. It did for me also. I am glad she has published the pattern so I can now post my picture and share her work to others. We may have to exchange for info so we could personally meet at next years Tat Days.

      Delete
  2. All of your projects look fabulous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know the projects look fabulous. I was amazed how well they looked myself (especially the dragonfly as it was pearl tatting in SCMRs and Split Rings).

      Delete
  3. Such lovely tatting! I plan on attending Tat Days in 2016... hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete