Friday, March 13, 2015

Hearts, Dragonfly and Bear

With these three items, I have now finished my second 25 motif challenge.  I will begin a new one later this month. 

My mom was recently in the hospital with rapid heart rate/chest pains/shortness of breath (third time since January 23).  They believe there was an electrical short so a procedure was done on Wednesday.  As I went home from the hospital Tuesday, I was thinking of something that I could bring the next day as I knew I would be sitting around.  I thought a small tatted heart would be appropriate.  Nothing complicated.  I had seen one earlier in "The Bulletin" published by the International Organization of Lace.  I had it in my tatting corner, Volume 35, Number I, Fall 2014.  It is a Heart pattern my Karey Solomon.  Gathered my thread and magazine, threw it in my Tat Days bag and I was ready to go.  By the time we saw the cardiologist, one heart was done and given to the assistant.  The others were made throughout the day and will be kept in my giveaway box.   Thread is pink, brand unknown.

Next is a little dragonfly by Jon Yusoff.  Wanted something different to keep in my giveaway box.  I am always looking for small items.  Needed a little evening break from Monster Doily.  Thread is a blue-green hand dyed by me.  Brand unknown.

Gave away one of my Kudzu bears last week, so I made a replacement.  Details can be found on one of my other posts.

2 comments:

  1. Hope the procedure clears things up for your mom and that she starts to feel better soon. These repeat medical visits can be stressful and tiring for all who are involved.

    ReplyDelete