Sunday, December 4, 2016

Lucky Pennies and Jewelry

Been working on my lucky penny collection. Twenty-nine are now complete (out of the 150ish I am planning on making).  As I finish, I place in plastic bags to keep them clean.  I will make labels for them when all are done.  I am using the bright pennies with the shield on the back.  If they are not quite as bright as I would like, I am using Brasso to brighten them up.

The tatted jewelry is from Marilee Rockley's Tatting with Beads Jewelry book.  Beads for the first piece, Beatrice, are from Fusion Beads (along with the findings when I finish them off later this week).  The second set, Beaded Path, I found beads in my stash.  Please with the way these turned out.

I am now designing a piece to submit for next years Tat Days.  Would like to finish this design along with another before the end of January 2017. This way I will be ready to submit when Palmetto Tatters Guild opens up applications.

With the completion of these items, this now completes my third 25-motif challenge.  I am going to take the next year off from this challenge as I want to submit my application for Phase III (final phase) of the Tatters Across Time Proficiency Course.  I will be turning all my attention to this phase once it is received.

5 comments:

  1. Those lucky pennies look very interesting! Is a pattern available?
    Thanks!
    Katie V in NC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky Penny pattern by Carolyn Craig from the Facebook Tatting Groups.

      Delete
  2. Everything looks wonderful!!! :) Fabulous jewelry sets!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know about Brasso, but Neverdull might be an option too. Marines use it on the buttons on their dress blues. It is a cotton wadding with a polish embedded. A can could last a lifetime. You can use it over and over.

    ReplyDelete