Sunday, January 8, 2017

TIAS and Tatted Squares

Just a reminder, Jane Eborall will be starting this years Tat It and See (TIAS) this Wednesday!

Since Metro Atlanta is pretty much iced in this weekend (and maybe until Tuesday), I have plenty of time to tat.  I saw a snowflake on The Mickey Mouse Club program (Granddaughter likes watching the program) and thought that would be a great tatted pattern.  The snowflake has diamond shapes in it.  I had seen an article before and after a Google search found it.  The author referenced a book by Anne Dyer To Boldly Go Where No Shuttle Has Gone Before.  Just so happens I was able to pick up that book at Tat Days last year.  Here is my first attempt. I am actually making a star (5 points instate of 6).  Pattern is about half done.  This will be submitted for Tat Days later this year.  Nice technique for making odd shapes.  EDIT:  Star did not work.  Back to drawing board to modify it to a snowflake (6 points).

Just goes to show, you never know when inspiration will come from when looking for items to tat.

No comments:

Post a Comment