The first photo are two new additions to my library. Have to wait until later this year to start. The Tatting a 4 Square Ring has many options. No diagrams but lots of information for those who like adventure.
The Tatted Quilt Squares was a surprise book from my daughter.
The four colors of green was done as an adventure. The far right is from the Tulip Custom Tie Dye kit called "Mint". There is a booklet that comes with the kit for many custom colors. A little light for me but a start for future reference when using this kit. Of course, to start I had to scale down the amount of dye and water. Also, I noticed there is quite a bit of filler with the Tulip dyes (might be the soda ash). When using regular fiber reactive dyes with the same amount of dye/water as the Tulip, the color turned out more of a yellow-green instead of a green-blue.
I have been interested in trying to convert Pantone or CMYK colors into colors I can duplicate with the fiber reactive dyes. I came across a blog called Leigh's Fiber Journal. She has had adventures in try to come up with dye recipes with computer coding. She then decided to dabble into CMYK/fiber reactive dyes. This has been interesting to me from the start. Well I got to play a little and this is what I came up with. The color I was trying to duplicate is Pantone 351 Mint. I think I am pretty close with the second from left (blue holder). I plan to keep experimenting with another desired color to see if I can duplicate. Stay tuned for further experiments.
The last photo is a desired color gone experimental. I had intended this to be more red than greenish, however, I accidently added yellow instead of fuchsia. The resulting color is interesting. It is a green but kind of has a slight yellowish background. Really like this color. I have make a couple of 50 yard skeins in size 20 that I will be selling at Tat Days.