Saturday, September 1, 2018

Knight in Shining Metallic

When I saw the knight from Martha Ess in her Flights of Fantasy book, I knew I had to make one.  He is made of Lizbeth silver metallic.  The thread was nice to work with and look forward to more projects with this thread.  Even though I married my Knight, I now have a Knight in shining armor to be with me at all times.

The blue doily is made from size 10 that I had around the house. Pattern is from The Bulletin Spring 2018, published by the International Organization of Lace.  It is called Two-Blue Self-Closing Mick Ring Doily by Randy Houtz.  Frontside/backside technique was also utilized in this Doily.

My latest book is from South Korea.  Tatting Lace Lesson Book by Tomoko Morimoto.  It is in Korean; however, there are diagrams and stitch counts.  Lots of lovely ideas.

I have pretty much dyed all the thread I will be taking with me to Palmetto Tat Days.  Just getting organized and putting finishing findings to the jewelry I made.  Jewelry will be donated to the silent auction.

My daughter has let me know she will be getting a booth at one of her guild meetings in November.  I am planning to do some tatting and dye thread.

After that, I am planning on finishing tatting projects that are waiting patiently.  It has been a busy year but hopefully I can see calming days ahead.

4 comments:

  1. I love the knight in shining armor great idea. And it is tuff work to prepare for those events take care❤🦋❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big job for your knight, taking on the doily! Which is really beautiful. Good luck with your preparations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a big job, but someone has to do it. You brought me a smile with your comment. Thank you ( kinda of needed it today).

      Delete
  3. The doily is Superb! Cute knight

    ReplyDelete