Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Tat Days - Part 2

The tractor was made as a last minute project.  It is a Caterpillar want to be tractor in memory of brother-in-law that just recently past.  He worked at a tractor museum with Caterpillar tractors.  My plans are to make a memory picture with the tatted tractor and send to my sister-in-law to give to museum.

Karen Brovard Sayre held a class at Tat Days - day 1 evening - on enamel shuttles.  Kits were available for purchase, the tatter decorated them and then Karen finished the firing process.  Mine has a bronze background.  The painting did not quite turn out the way I thought, but it will be used.

Tat Days - Day 2

First class of the day was a lecture opened to everyone.  Karen Brovard Sayre was the leader for "Repairing Mistakes."  Very informative and lots of information.

Classes for today included Curled Rings, Chains from Point A to B and Beaded Clover necklace.  Curled rings are new to me.  Really easy and beautiful technique.  Chains was another technique class.  Lots of different chains were presented with instructions on how to do them.  I selected several to try that looked interesting.  The necklace was a nice, easy pattern that was great for the end of the day.  All projects were actually finished in class which is a first for me!

The gold infinity ring was one of the early bird classes on day 3.  I have had the pattern for a while but have not attempted it.  For a 6:30 am class, it is not bad although the brain did not want to function quite right (3 attempts because I could not read properly!).

Then there was the evening banquet and auction.  Georgia Seitz was wonderful again as auctioneer.  Things started out slow but as the evening progressed, things heated up.  I win a package that included a needle tatting book for hubby, a tatting book for me and a couple of skeins of Manuela size 20 thread.  One spool was given to Georgia.

The little beaded earrings I won at the silent auction the next day.  These were tatted by Nina Libin.  It is an honor to own a pair tatted by her.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phyllis, you got Manuela thread? I love that thread, but I had heard they don't make it any more. I still have a couple balls in the drawer. You are going to like using it and I am just jealous. Hehe. (I reposted this with a correction. That is why it says removed by author. Seems you cannot edit comments for spelling.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is Manuela. I have not used this brand before. Need to decide on a project for it. i guess spell check does not work in comments?

      Delete
  3. The tractor is splendid and a lovely way to celebrate your brother-in-law’s life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty Manuela thread, just love the cute tractor. Sounds as if you had fun and came away with lots of goodies

    ReplyDelete