Sunday, September 27, 2020

Tat Days 2020

 Another Palmetto Tat Days has come and gone.  Different this year, but the classes were great and fun was had by all.  Want to thank the staff from the Palmetto Tatters Guild, volunteers, teachers and the Georgia Baptist Conference center for hosting this year.  There was plenty of hand sanitizer for all along with masks and face shields.  Classes were small (limited to 8) but social distancing was practiced in each class along with spacing in the great room.  I felt confortable and very safe.  

The conference started with dyeing thread and making Celtic shuttles out of popsicle sticks. Tie dye kits were used for the dye.  Eventhough I have dyed my own thread, I did learn a few tricks to practice.  Lots of laughter especially when we doned our speciality evening wear for dyeing (plastic trash can liners).  

The first picture are my completed projects and test tatting I did for Tat Days.  First year I completed all projects from classes I attended.  The only item not there is a bracelet I made for my granddaughter.  Not able to get a picture before I gave it to her.  There is Triangle Edging, Leaf Motif, Rainbow Pearl Snowflake, Rainbow key ring, the Celtic Shuttles, hand dyed thread and Dangle Earrings.  The shuttle is hand painted and was a teacher gift.  The pineapple is a fingerless glove along with wave bracelet and a tatted show which I had the opportunity to test for Erin Mosely.    The other photo are books I picked up for my growning library.

This year there was a virtual online auction.  It was interesting to guess who was bidding on the offered items.  Was also nice to see tatters from other contries log in and check out the items as well.  Georgia Seitz was on the phone before the live auction.  It was good to hear her voice.  Eventhough she was not there, she certainly was there in spirit and thought of by all. 



4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful event. You achieved a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for showing pictures of Tat Days. I had hoped to go, but it just didn't work for me this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see you got Victoria's book. Did you take her class? She will be teaching an online class in October through the Lace Museum. I think it costs $35. I did not take the class but I did talk to her about an hour. She also let me come into her class to see the flowers she had made. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I had taken her class. Also, ordered her beginning book, which I just received. Just need to remember to not pull tight.

      Delete