Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Crochet to Tatting

Using a document in the file section of the Facebook tatting group, I am in the process of making a tatting pattern from a crochet pattern.  The original pattern calls for worsted weight yarn.  I am using a size 8 Artiste from Hobby Lobby.  It is giving me the stitch counts I need using the conversion document.  Will need to dye the project when finished as I could only find white thread and I need a brown.  I will post a picture after Tat Days in September as I am bring this project for show and tell.

After this project, I will be able to get back to my paperclip project for the online tat class.

There is a Mistery Doily Test Tat Along being held by Alenalea Tatting.  This past week was the start.    Round 1-3 complete.  Onto Round 4.

3 comments:

  1. That is so neat!! :) Lovely start to your mystery tat-along project!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I could probably convert a crochet pattern, but there are too many tatting patterns I want to make. After you get this one written, that will make one more. See you at Tat Days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, that tiny block tatting basket looks so cute !!!
    Nice start to the doily
    I need to write up that paper clip pattern myself :-(

    ReplyDelete