Tuesday, November 27, 2012

More HDT Samples

I just finished a grouping of orange to black samples.  Really like the gradations from the samples.   Scanning does not to it justice but one gets the idea.


Also, since I seem be on a roll, I overdyed for the third time a 75-yard skein of thread.  I have had problems with streaking (the dye not being thoroughly taken by the thread).  I believe I now have the formula I need and lo and behold - no streaking!  I will be using this thread for the spinning wheel mat.  Just need to decide what color to use for the chains?

2 comments:

  1. Fun and pretty!
    I think black, pink, seagreen light, charcoal, ... and the list goes on. I think you could put a lot of solids with this mix. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, reminds me of spices used this time of year or leaves that have already fallen off of trees. Funny how the imagination works!

    ReplyDelete