Sunday, March 10, 2019

Thread Dyeing

Got ambitious last week and got my dyes out.  Here are the results.

The first set are from The Dyer's Dictionary that I am slowly going through.  I can definitely see uses for some of these colors.  May do a varigated using about 3-4 of these colors.

The red set is my attempt to dye a cmyk color:  Clemson Orange.  The front is using a converted formula that I could find online.  The back is using 1/2 of the fuchsia.  I have done some more research and have learned there are two sets of primary dyes that a couple of dyers use:  an earthly one and a jewel one.  I will do some more experimenting this week and see if I can actually come closer to the orange color I want.

4 comments:

  1. I like your red, even if it wasn’t what you were aiming for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget the Clemson purple to go with it! I may need some of both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was going to be my next challenge. I have a project in mind for both colors.

      Delete