Wednesday, November 27, 2013

I Am Still Tatting


It has been a while, but I am still tatting.  I have completed my first two rounds of the mystery doily and am about half way with the third.  A little pressing with the steam iron was all that was needed after the second to lay flat!  I was impressed.  Picture has been modified to show the colors against a white background.  They are actually lighter in color than shown here.




I am also working on a lanyard.  The pattern is by Patti Duff.  It is coming along well.  The thread is called Tigerlicious hand-dyed by Jess (aka Tat-ilicious) in size 20.  

For the November Snowflake Tat-It Challenge, I have designed and tatted a simple snowflake.  I have another two on paper but have not had a chance to tat them.  I will be posting the pattern for the snowflake sometime next month.  Need to diagram it first and block the snowflake I made so it looks nicer.  

I purchased some Sulky halographic thread the other day,  I plan on using this with some white thread for a small angel.  Stay tuned to see how that turns out.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear phyll, it is very brave of you to start a blog! It is also brave to tat the mystery doily and i love the color. I like your snowflake, but there is a ring missing! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete