Saturday, September 7, 2024

Test Tatting Part Two

Richard Embrey was my second tatter to test tat.  He is known for his Helix tatting.  

The candy cane earring was nicely written.  Hard to see in photo.  Small but tatted quickly.   Size 20 Lizbeth.

The Helix brooch was interesting.  Started with the chains, then Helix.  Thrown off chains with rings which joined later is a nice technique for dimension.  Size 20 HDT by me and Lizbeth for this creation.

Now for the Helix Sea Anemone. This was quite the challenge to get started.  Had never done floating chains before.  Took some time and messages to wrap my brain around this technique.  Once my brain decided to cooperate, it went well.    As you can see, lots of floating chains.  I do tat tight so tentacles curled.  Size 20 Lizbeth for this one also.



2 comments:

  1. Helix is a little scary at first. But, once started and you understand how it works, it is easy peasy.

    ReplyDelete